Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/caarrie/public_html/glompzilla.com/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Ryzom Thread
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryzom Thread  (Read 6922 times)
Bamko
Administrator

« on: June 18, 2010, 04:33:09 AM »

I discovered Ryzom went open source last month and was suggested to look into Tribes2 (tribesnext).  Tribes2 seems to be abandoned by the owner of the code, but by the same token, it DOES have an owner, and is not open.  I hope it becomes open source, and if you find out it has, let me know.  But until then, I will stick to open source solutions.  I will be looking at Ryzom a bit, then I will do their 21 day free trial (their official server is pay to play, like Blizzards, but art and server and client is supposed to be open source).

[edit] their official server is now free to play, with level limits of like 125... but no longer 25 days.  expired accounts appear to have to either paid for, with real money, or you can start a new account which will not expire)  [/edit] 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:50:16 PM by Bamko » Logged
Bamko
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 07:10:35 AM »

I was asked about the licensing and related stuff.

First, here is a good starter point:  http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=34929

That has all the links and what-not.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:03:32 PM by Bamko » Logged
Bamko
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 01:42:48 AM »

I would be interested in exploring some of the splinter sites people have set up, but I would have to find them and configure my client to work with their realms.  Anyone who can explain how to do it and find a realm or two, is encouraged to do so.  At the moment I am playing with a few other projects, including actually getting the Glomp being useful.  

]Joined their dev site as Bamko. posted a couple posts in forums.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:26:14 PM by Bamko » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 134
  • Total Topics: 96
  • Online Today: 7
  • Online Ever: 305
  • (November 15, 2018, 12:00:32 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 20, 2019, 02:55:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

ShoutBox!

Permissions

TinyPortal © 2005-2012